CM48fet not working. What am I doing wrong?

Do you own an AA microphone and in need of technical support concerning your microphone? Please post your questions here. All questions are answered on a daily basis!

CM48fet not working. What am I doing wrong?

Postby Tman » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:07 pm

I bought a CM48fet and I already have a AA tube mic (I love it). I plugged the CM48 into my Apogee Quartet and I don't get any signal. I tried all of the setting switches on the mic and tried 2 different mic chords. I tried 2 channels. I plugged the mic directly into the mic plug (no battery box like the tube mic).Checked all the settings on the DAW. I do get signal from my guitar. I

'm sure it is something really stupid and I'll feel like a moron but what am I doing wrong?
Tman

Re: CM48fet not working. What am I doing wrong?

Postby Tman » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:12 pm

Still nothing. Any advice?
Tman

Postby Tman » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Dave for emailing me.

I didn't have the Phantom power on the Apogee Quartet.....Duh.
Tman

Postby advancedaudio_e » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi Phillip, don't feel bad. I haven't checked into the Forum since I got back from my holiday in Mexico as I forgot the password. I was there for 6 weeks taking a break from the soldering iron.

The Apogee is not the only box to turn on the 48v phantom supply via software. I had a couple of other folks scratching their heads because their fet microphones wouldn't work with their new interface.

I actually have a Proto-type digital USB microphone. It looks like a miniature 47 with our AK47 capsule and either a USB output or XLR output. The Proto-type is Cardiod only.

I used it to do a interview via SKYPE and it sounded many times better than the head-set microphone or the microphone in the laptop. You can get directly into LOGIC through the USB port.

Doesn't quite have the sound of a 1073 or John Hardy 990 but it was suprisingly better than I expected.

Our new 2073 and 2047r preamps which are coming soon have a mechanical toggle switch and indicator LED to show the 48v status.

Cheers, Dave

Tman wrote:Thanks Dave for emailing me.

I didn't have the Phantom power on the Apogee Quartet.....Duh.
advancedaudio_e
Site Admin

Return to Online Support