Apex 460 mod pack questions

Do you own an AA microphone and in need of technical support concerning your microphone? Please post your questions here. All questions are answered on a daily basis!

Apex 460 mod pack questions

Postby Hershel McElyea » Thu May 30, 2019 4:47 pm

I bought the 460 mod pack to convert my tbone sct-700. there are parts that I don't know where they go no instructions came with it the transformer doesn't fit in place of the old one and the old Capsule was single sided. the K47 is dual so I have an extra wire i don't know what to do with.. Is there instructions available for this mod pact somebody has to know how to put it all together..
Hershel McElyea

Re: Apex 460 mod pack questions

Postby Dave Thomas » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Hello, sorry for the delayed answer. Its taken sometime for me to get back on the Forum.

The SCT-700 is cardiod only so either you can cut the rear diaphragm wire back or you can heat shrink it and tape it out of the way. if you run it to a toggle switch with one terminal going to ground then you can have a cardiod Omni option.

There is a 2.2 ufd capacitor includes which is the output capacitor driving the transformer. I believe that the SCT700 has the transformer in the bell housing. The BV8 will not fit and the bell housing has to be removed and the transformer held in place with hot glue or tie raps. We would exchange the BV8 for our BV18 which will fit in the bell housing. The two Zener diodes go into the power supply to bring the plate voltage on Pin 1 of the 7 pin connector to 125v dc. E-mail me directly at dave@advancedaudio.ca if you have any other questions.

Cheers, Dave
CEO Advanced Audio

Hershel McElyea wrote:I bought the 460 mod pack to convert my tbone sct-700. there are parts that I don't know where they go no instructions came with it the transformer doesn't fit in place of the old one and the old Capsule was single sided. the K47 is dual so I have an extra wire i don't know what to do with.. Is there instructions available for this mod pact somebody has to know how to put it all together..
Dave Thomas

Return to Online Support