C12 Cuts in and out

Do you own an AA microphone and in need of technical support concerning your microphone? Please post your questions here. All questions are answered on a daily basis!

C12 Cuts in and out

Postby tommyttcat » Tue May 24, 2016 5:36 am

My C12 cuts in and out. I determined that the chassis is loose. Is there a way to easily open the chasis to see what may be loose inside? I tried to see if the bottom unscrews but it doesn't appear to do so. The mic may have been dropped at the studio but no one is claiming that they dropped it.

Tom
tommyttcat

Re: C12 Cuts in and out

Postby Dave Thomas » Thu May 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Hi Tom, sorry to hear about your CM12 problem. The microphone comes apart very easily. If you turn the bottom cup washer counter-clockwise it will thread off and then the sleeve will slide off.

There is only about a 2mm clearance between the inside wall of the headgrill and the capsule.

If the microphone head grill is bumped hard against something the headgrill can move enough to cause the microphone to cut out as the capsule grazes the inside of the head grill.

Once the bottom cup washer and sleeve are removed you will see two philips screws under the head grill removing these screws will allow for the head grill to come off for futher inspection.

If you have further problems that you can't remedy we can most likely service it for $65 which is our minimum bench time for one hour. If it is a problem not cause by accidental mishandling we will service under warranty.

You can also e-mail me directly at dave@advancedaudio.ca as I don't always check into the Forum each day.

Cheers, Dave
Dave Thomas

Return to Online Support